With 200 local leaders,
this becomes much more
than a business group…
it becomes a key component
of your business plan.
Dan AltenberndPartner H2M, Creativity at Work
Dan offers H2M clients over 15 years of in-depth advertising and marketing experience. As H2M’s Chief Operating Officer, Dan works with all team members and clients to ensure budgets align with objectives and expectations. In addition, Dan leads the charge for H2M’s new business strategies.
Dan started out in the marketing world as a graphic designer. He soon joined the ranks of the GL Ness ad agency in Fargo before moving on to help grow a local start-up interactive marketing agency, also based in Fargo.
With a broad, ever-growing background in design, print, marketing and interactive advertising, Dan has established himself as a true marketing authority. He offers H2M clients a full-spectrum consulting experience.
Dan lives in south Moorhead with his wife, Julie, and their gaggle of children: Jayci, Zoe and Raymond.
From H2M’s Facebook page
There’s more to H2M’s Dan Altenbernd than being a fan of obscure bands and beers. How much more? Read on…
Nine Questions With Dan:
Q: What drives you to achieve great results in your department?
A: Basically proof of performance. Everyone within our agency has a responsibility, and I want to be held accountable by the people I work with, and also to myself and family. I know that my personalsuccess can have a direct effect on a lot of people, so that drives me…as well as keeps me up at night.
Q: What do you do for fun?
A: I hang with my family. Nothing re-energizes me more than spending time with them. My kids are at such a fun age now, they keep my wife and I moving constantly. Whether its coaching, attending school events, or just playing in the backyard – its fun, and its awesome. I do enjoy fishing, golfing and movies – but its all with family in tow.
Q: Favorite commercial of all time?
A: Well, I think I have to put that into two categories. Long time favorite and current one that makes me laugh.
The current commercial that makes me laugh every time is the one for The Dollar Shave Club – “Tranq Dart” https://www.youtube.com/
My long term favorite, especially in the summer, is this real simple spot that ESPN Sportscenter did years ago. Its Arnold Palmer, mixing his own Arnold Palmer beverage, and the sports casters are just standing in the background watching. As Arnold walks away, they whisper “That was awesome.” Its simple, its quick – and every time I order an Arnold Palmer, I think of that spot.https://www.youtube.com/
Q: What’s a TV show you never miss?
A: I’m afraid to say I have a lot. Here is my set rotation of shows I watch every week. The Walking Dead, The Middle, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Justified, Gotham, Brooklyn 9-9, (Sad to see Parks and Rec go). Couple new ones added to my schedule – Fresh off the Boat and Last Man on Earth. That’s enough TV I think. My family thinks I am totally Phil Dunphy from Modern Family…which is both insulting and flattering…more insulting really.
Q: What is your best kept secret?
A: The most comfortable foot wear is socks and sandals. I would never wear them in public, and its too bad, cause IT FEELS AWESOME!!
(Editorial Note: Dan’s thoughts and opinions are not necessarily those of H2M, especially this one.)
Q: What are your nicknames?
A: Goodness, I have a few. Alt, Alty, Salty, Sir Salt, Altesaures. Take your pick.
Q: Who is the most famous person you’ve met?
A: Probably Al Franken. Coming out of a hotel one day, Al was walking out, I just went right up to him and shook his hand “Al, how the hell ya doin!” He was very gracious and we conversed…he’s probably still tracking me to this day. That was the same weekend I walked up to Dick Bremer and did the same thing (Twins announcer) – I was on fire.
Q: What is the one thing you cannot do without?
A: I honestly hate technology, so give me my wife and kids in a heart beat.
Q: What is your favorite quote?
A: “Why do research when I can just say it.”
- Todd Fuchs, Vice-President | Payroll Express, Inc.
- Rachael Boyer, CEO | The Coatings Authority, Inc.
- Wes Henry, CIO/Owner | True IT ♦♦
- Barry Dresser, President | ArtCo Promotional Products ♦♦
- Josh Christy, CEO and Founder | Codelation ♦♦
- Don Grande, Partner | Grande Frisk & Thompson ♦♦
- Dean Vollmer, President | Priority Payment Systems Great Plains ♦♦
- Ron Fuhrman, President | Liberty Business Systems ♦♦
- Doug Johnson, Owner | TCI Insurance ♦♦
- Wayne Bradley, President and CEO | Bradley Business Advisors, LLC ♦♦
- Paul Hannaher, President | Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors ♦♦
- Debra Asp, President | Nelco First Aid, Inc ♦♦
- Ben Meland, President | Enclave Companies ♦♦
- Neil Blanchard, President | Profit Pros ♦♦
- Guy Nelson, President | Anvil Design and Manufacturing ♦♦
- Todd Fisher, President | FF Fisher Sales and Leasing ♦♦
- Mark Giddings, CEO and Founder | Giddings and Associates, Ltd ♦♦
- Jeremiah Johnson, President | Showcase Floors ♦♦
- Jim Kasper, President | AMG, Inc (Asset Management Group) ♦♦
- Jon Kungel, President | Custom Cinema and Sound ♦♦
- Tom Kading, President | Precision Ventures ♦♦
- Nolen Bertsch, President | Nelson Window Company ♦♦
- Harlan Goerger, President | Ask HG and CEO Solution ♦♦
- Patrick Emerson, LMT, Owner | Emerson Therapeutic Massage ♦♦
- Rick Berg, Co-Founder | AdShark Digital Marketing ♦♦
- Jorin Johnson, President | Superior Insurance ♦♦
- Brad Jacobson, President | Western Banks ♦♦
- Steve Koep, Owner | Fargo Snow ♦♦
- Bob Gibb, President | Robert Gibb and Sons, Inc. ♦♦
- Todd Fuchs, Vice-President | Payroll Express, Inc. ♦♦
- Kristi Larkin, President | Laurie’s ♦♦
- Zach Paxton, President | Custom Graphics, Inc. ♦♦
- Vince Wuebker, Owner | HotSpring Spas and Pool Tables2 ♦♦
- Kevin Johnson, President | Gateway Building Systems ♦♦
- Scott Thuen, Owner | Thuen Studios ♦♦
- David Dietz, President and CEO | Preference Employment Solutions ♦♦
- Jim Buus, President | Goldmark Commercial Real Estate ♦♦
- Mike Graham, President | Magnum Electric ♦♦
- Ben Koppelman, Owner | Vision Construction ♦♦
- Brian Meyer, President | A1 Moving Company ♦♦
- Kelly Blilie, Owner | Best Plumbing ♦♦
- Debra Jaeger, Owner | The UPS Stores ♦♦
- Jason Gehrig, Owner | Custom Truck and Auto Shine ♦♦
- Dan Altenbernd, COO/Partner | H2M ♦♦
- Tim Landis, President | L2 Contracting ♦♦
- David Reid, President | Radiant Homes ♦♦
- Cindy Cole, President | Altel – Alternative Telecom ♦♦
- Larry O’Brien, President | O’Brien Seed Co ♦♦
- Cindy Tyo, Owner/Mgr | Travel Travel ♦♦
- Jim Heyer, President | Heyer Engineering ♦♦
- Jon Lowry, President | Lowry Engineering ♦♦
- Brady Nash, CEO | BNG Team ♦♦
- Dan Parker, Owner | Any Lab Test Now ♦♦
- Kent Satrang, CEO and GM | PetroServe USA ♦♦
- Tom Poole, CEO | Avalon Events Center ♦♦
- Dave Anderson, President | Dakota Monument Company ♦♦
- Mike Dragosavich, Founder and CEO | Spotlight Media ♦♦
- Marcus Benoit, Owner/Mgr | Steamatic ♦♦
- Tracy Green, Realtor | Green Team Realty ♦♦
- Matt Lachowitzer, Founder | Matt’s Automotive Service Center ♦♦
- Shawn Weyer, Owner | Weyer-for-Hire ♦♦
- Kari Score, President | Dakota Storage Products ♦♦
- Art Rosenberg, President | Sunbelt Business Brokers ♦♦
- Chris Kennelly, Partner | Kennelly Business Law ♦♦
- Brandon Pittenger, Owner | FM Title Company ♦♦
- Brook Lyter, Owner | Fargo Party Ride ♦♦
- Stu Stockmoe, Owner | SaveCoin and Monitor Marketing ♦♦
- Jodee Bock, Owner | Bock’s Office Transformational Consulting ♦♦
- Brenda Podetz, CEO | Albaugh Trucking ♦
- DR. Mason Orth, Owner | HealthSource Chiropractic ♦♦
- Kim Bjoralt, President | Human Resource Mgmt Group ♦♦
- Brian Larry, Co-Founder | Connect Labs ♦
- Mark J Lindquist, CEO | Mark J Lindquist Enterprises ♦♦
- Ross Almlie, Owner | FutureBright ♦♦
- Brian Rinke, Owner | Success Energetics ♦
- Russell J Schell, President | RJ Energy Solutions ♦♦
- Mike Clevenger, President | Electric Vehicles Unlimited ♦
- Kathey Llewellyn, Owner | My Professional Concierge ♦♦
- Shane Giesen, CEO | Fargo Freightliner
- Josh Gilleland, President | Griswold Home Care
- Nick Horob, Founder | Harvest Profit
- Ray Kotchian, President | Prairieland Ag
- Cameron Wischer, President | Wischer Aviation
- Randy Klassen, Owner | RDK Enterprises
- Neal Johnson, Owner | Johnson & Sons Farm
- Perry Peyerl, President | The Computer Place
- Richard Cossette, President | TRS Industries
- Terry Loomis, General Manager | KQLX Radio
- Zane Erickson, Owner | North Star Ag
- Ken Storm, President | K& T Irrigation
- Greg Gebeke, Partner | Gebeke Brothers Farm
- Ryan Ottis, Partner | Ottis Farms
- Rick Harpestad, Manager | SRS Commodities
- Renae McArthur, Partner | McArthur Tile
- Ned Halilovic, Owner | Ambassador Cleaning
- Bob Sinner, President | SB&B Foods, Inc
- Jim Howe, President | Howe Seed Farm
- Barry Maring, President | Sonmar Companies
- David Chapman, President | DJ Chapman Law
- Roger Christianson, President | Christiansons
- Mike Meagher, Founder | Sagency
- Judy Gartner, CLU, ChFC | Gartner Financial Network
- Allen Ralson, Owner | Allen Ralston Marketing
- Kelly Wentz, Regional Manager | Group Benefits Services
- Eric Monson, CEO | Anne Carlson Center
- Chad Guttormson, Owner | Premier Lawn and Snow Removal
- Jeff Thomas, President | Cornerstone Banks
- Rob Burke, Owner | Yarn
- Rachael Boyer, CEO | The Coatings Authority
- Tom Shorma, CEO and President | WCCO Belting
- Paul Highness, Partner | Pro Resources
- Steve Tweten, President | NoKota Packers
- Dan Norwood, President | Norwood Sales
- Mike Brevik, Owner | Cyberdogz
- Tim Beaton, Executive Director | FM Area Foundation
- David Hunstad, Executive Director | Moorhead Business Ass’n
- Steve M Dusek, President and CEO | Dakota CDC
- Paul Smith, Regional Director | ND Small Business Development Center
- Heather Johnson, Business Outreach | BBB of ND/MN
- Mike Sundquist, CPA, Partner | Fiebiger, Swanson, West & Co.
- Jesse Faul, President | Red E
- Steve M Scheel, CEO | Scheels
- Alex Warner, Founder and Chairman | Pedigree Technologies
- Dayna Del Val, President and CEO | The Arts Partnership
- Edd Goerger, Vice-President | Heartland Insurance
- Deb Balzer-Plageman, Director | University of Mary
- Diana Bietelsbacher, Executive Director | ND Soybean Council
- Darren Rogness, President | Braaten Cabinets
- Kari Bucholz, Founder and Director | Haley’s Hope
- Anthony Molzahn, CEO and Co-Founder | Project Phoenix
- Mike Troje, President | Midwest Construction Group
- Dan Hicks, President | Home Design and Supply
- DJ Colter, President | DJ Colter Agency
- Amber Metz, Executive Director | Lake Agassiz Development Group
- Ryan Keel, Owner | College Smart
- Chris Lange, Partner | Northland Truss Company
- Don Arvidson, Owner | Express Employment Professionals
- Andrew Abernathy, Managing Partner | Ritaway Investment Group
- Barry Gish | Gish Consulting | Traction Planning LLC
- Chuck Hoge | NDSU Research and Technology Park
- Matt Magness | Offutt School of Business | SBDC
- Teresa Lewis | Get Inspired
- Dave Dietz Heartland Capital
- Julie Belch Dow Services
- Jeff Frey A Cutting Edge
- Lonnie Laffen JLG Architects
- Cami Lee Compliance Safety Services
- Jake Joraanstad Myriad Mobile
- Ryan Aakre Signature Landscapes
- Dale Leslie Pit Stop Auto
- Josh Green Brenco Industrial Cleaning Equipment
- Jon Haug CIRSA
- John Haley Berg Auto Supply
- Shawn VanEnk VanEnk Electric
- Todd Funfar Deckmasters
- Don Fischer The Spy Shop
- Dave Lerud Games Galore
- David Karels G6 Construction Services
- Aaron McWilliams Spiral Light Candle Company
- Ryan Botner Red River Financial Services
- Chad Weisgram Weisgram Metal Fab
- Billy Phillips Billy’s Custom Cover-Up
- Craig Roath Craig Roath.com
- Jess McLaughlin McLaughlin RV