Brad JacobsonPresident/COO Western State Bank
- The Bank of Webster was chartered in 1902 with capital stock of $10,000. In 1966, a group of individuals from Devils Lake were enlisted to purchase the Bank of Webster. On January 16, 1968, the corporate name and headquarters of the Bank of Webster, Webster, North Dakota, changed to Western State Bank, Devils Lake, North Dakota. At that time, the bank had $600,000 total assets and 125 checking accounts.
- Western State Bank acquired the State Bank of Towner in October 1994 and in June 1997, the State Bank of Towner and Western State Bank merged, totaling assets of $124 million.
- Western Equipment Finance, a subsidiary of Western State Bank, began financing commercial equipment nationwide in 1990. The company is headquartered in Devils Lake and currently has over $200 million in equipment finance transactions outstanding.
- The bank in West Fargo opened in February 1999 and is a community focused, full service banking operation. In 2007, another convenient location was opened nearby in the center of Fargo’s retail district. This bank features concierge-style banking which is new to the market and organization. Concierge stations further enhance the personable, customer service interaction of banking.
- In 2000, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan was formed allowing the employees to invest in the company they make successful every day. The response was overwhelming with employees committing 84% of their retirement stock to purchase company stock.
- In January 2008, Western State Bank established a Loan Production Office in Chandler, Arizona, and in April 2009 was converted into a full service banking facility. Western introduced our community banking values to meet the financial needs of the businesses and residents in the growing Chandler and the East Valley communities.
- In June 2012, Western acquired a bank in Casa Grande, Arizona, establishing the second Arizona location. In May 2013, Western experienced additional growth in the Arizona market when a bank was acquired in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- In July 2015, Western established its fourth Arizona location in Sun City, Arizona. With this new full service banking facility, Western will continue to introduce community banking to the residents in the central Arizona communities.
- Today the Western State Bank Board of Directors consists of Ray Horne, Brian Houkom, Gary Lochow, Todd Heilman, Brad Jacobson, Brett Johnston, Steve Daley, Jim Cullumber, Laurie Bakke and Andy Strand.
Categories: Business Services, Consulting, Financial
Updated 6 months ago.