CLICK the MEMBER NAME to see full profile
Brenda WarrenExecutive Director Bonanzaville – Cass County Historical Society
http://www.bonanzaville.org/about-us/ The Cass County Historical Society was organized in 1954 and became a nonprofit corporation in North Dakota in 1955. Later that year, we got into the museum business when the Pioneer Daughters donated the contents of their historical museum, which was housed in the basement of Menard Hall at NDSU (then NDAC). It wasn’t until 1972 that the present museum building was constructed on land donated by the Red River Valley Fair. Artifacts were then moved from Menard Hall to the new museum. CCHS had been collecting buildings from around the county, and moving them to the location now called Bonanzaville, since 1967. The name refers to the large Bonanza farms that once existed in the Red River Valley.
Over the years, we have accumulated 43 historic buildings with numerous museums, such as the Eugene Dahl Car Museum, the Eagles Air Museum, the tractor museum, the Law Enforcement Museum, and more.