Western State Bank
The Bank of Webster was chartered in 1902 with capital stock of $10,000. In 1966, a group of individuals from Devils Lake were enlisted to purchase the Bank of Webster. On January 16, 1968, the corporate name and headquarters of the Bank of Webster, Webster, North Dakota, changed to Western State Bank, Devils Lake, North Dakota. At that time, the bank had $600,000 total assets and 125 checking accounts.
The bank in West Fargo opened in February 1999 and is a community focused, full service banking operation. In 2007, another convenient location was opened nearby in the center of Fargo’s retail district. This bank features concierge-style banking which is new to the market and organization. Concierge stations further enhance the personable, customer service interaction of banking.
In 2000, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan was formed allowing the employees to invest in the company they make successful every day. The response was overwhelming with employees committing 84% of their retirement stock to purchase company stock. Today the Western State Bank Board of Directors consists of Ray Horne, Brian Houkom, Gary Lochow, Todd Heilman, Brad Jacobson, Brett Johnston, Steve Daley, Jim Cullumber, Laurie Bakke and Andy Strand.
Categories: Member | the100,inc.
Updated 3 months ago.