This group mentorship series hosted by The Executives’ Club of Fargo-Moorhead puts area business leaders “in-the-hot-seat” for 60-minutes of candid business insight and wisdom.
As leaders, we have countless experiences and interactions throughout our careers, but it’s not the experiences that give us wisdom, it’s…
- how we react in the moment
- how often we reflect on the situation
- how much we learn from each mistake or success
- how effectively we use that information to grow as individuals
This series takes place monthly in the privacy of our clubhouse, Grindstone, with the understanding that the lessons and insights go with you, but the conversation stays there.
Tuesdays, 6:30 to 8:00pm
- Tuesday, January 24
- Tuesday, February 21
- Tuesday, March 21
- Tuesday, April 18
- Tuesday, May 23
- Tuesday, June 20
- Tuesday, July 18
- Tuesday, August 22
- Tuesday, September 19
- Tuesday, October 24
- Tuesday, November 21
- Tuesday, December 19
This series, in particular, implores our Members to apply each of our organization’s core values for each Off The Record meeting’s success…
- Be upfront
- Get to know each other
- Learn by teaching
- Create big moments
- Live intentionally
How do we have more candid, effective conversations?
- Have the courage to be candid.
- Honor the other person by being vulnerable.
- Don’t be afraid to address “the elephant in the room”.
- Clarify. Ask people, “What are the facts? “What don’t you know?” and “And what would you do next?”
- Say, “I don’t know” when you don’t. Don’t pretend.
- Respect others’ experiences and consider their perspectives.
- Ask for feedback from others, and actually LISTEN.
- Care personally, but challenge directly.